Jose Bautista is about to pass Markakis (Update: Bautista passed Markakis)

McLovin

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good. I voted for Bautista thirty-five times on my ballot. Markakis does not belong in the ASG this year. It would be especially ludicrous to have that many Orioles starting the game when they aren't in first place and aren't the best team in the league.

It would be especially ludicrous to have that many Orioles starting the game when they aren't in first place and aren't the best team in the league.

Oh my gosh, you are right - and yet... With a four game swing they could be. :rolleyes

Why would there be a fan vote if that were the intent?

Well they still use it for Hall of Fame criteria so it seems that is the intent to me. I think it is silly that they do a fan vote since guys who are 25th best at their position can start the game over far more worthy candidates. Then when their careers are over and it's time to review we still hear about how many All-Star appearances and Gold Gloves they've won. It's either supposed to mean something or it isn't.

I think it's silly to get so serious about an exhibition that the players barely take seriously. So I vote for who I want to see play. Good to know that there are others fighting for truth, justice, and honor though.

Archived